India has registered 8,503 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, 9.7 per cent lower than yesterday. It brings the total caseload to 3,46,74,744.
1. Top five states which have registered maximum cases are Kerala with 4,169 cases, followed by Maharashtra with 789 cases, Tamil Nadu with 698 cases, West Bengal with 567 cases and Karnataka with 373 cases.
2. 77.58 per cent of the new cases are reported from these five states, with Kerala alone responsible for 49.03 per cent of the new cases.
3. 624 deaths have been reported in the country in the last 24 hours, increasing the total reported death count to 4,74,735.
4. Maximum casualties were reported in Chandigarh (256), followed by Kerala with 225 daily deaths.
5. India’s recovery rate now stands at 98.36 per cent. A total of 7,678 patients recovered in the last 24 hours, which brings the total recoveries to 3,41,05,066 across the country.
6. India’s active caseload stands at 94,943. In the last 24 hours, the number of active cases has increased by 201.
7. India has administered a total of 74,57,970 doses in the last 24 hours, which brings the total tally of doses administered to 1,31,18,87,257. A total of 12,93,412 samples were tested in the last 24 hours.