Mumbai Schools reopening will begin from tomorrow – December 15, 2021. BMC has issued an official order informing that offline lectures would resume for classes 1 to 7 and everyone is expected to follow COVID-19 safety protocols. Check official notice and details here.
- Mumbai Schools Reopening will begin from tomorrow – December 15, 2021 for classes 1 to 7 in urban areas.
- BMC has released an official order informing everyone about this reopening and that everyone has to follow COVID appropriate behaviour.
- The reopening of schools was delayed from December 1, 2021 due to the Omicron threat.
Mumbai Schools reopening will commence from tomorrow – December 15, 2021 as per the final and previous orders from Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, BMC. Schools will reopen from for classes 1 to 7 and BMC has said that everyone is mandated to follow COVID-19 safety protocols at all times.
BMC has issued an official notice as well, informing everyone that schools in the City would reopen from December 15, 2021. Stakeholders can view the same by clicking on the direct link given here. BMC has further mentioned that all the guidelines that were in place till now, will continue to be followed and schools must ensure that nobody breaks the rules.
Mumbai Schools reopening was initially supposed to begin from December 1, 2021 as back then, Maharashtra Government had given its nod for schools to reopen in state. However, BMC took the final call for Mumbai Schools and decided to defer it to December 15 due to the Omicron threat.
Mumbai Schools to reopen: Important guidelines
- Students and staff must ensure that they wear masks and use sanitisers at all times to keep themselves safe.
- Schools must ensure that their staff, both teaching and non-teaching are vaccinated and in case they show any symptoms, they don’t come to schools.
- Attendance has not been made compulsory and those who wish to continue with online classes, may do so.
- Schools must make sure that all surroundings are sanitised at regular intervals and nobody crowds in common areas.
- Sharing of food, stationary or any other items has to be avoided to eliminate the risk of contact or any possible infection.
Some media reports earlier suggested that officials concerned with the developments on reopening of Mumbai schools mentioned that a decision on school reopening guidelines will be taken keeping in mind the health and welfare of students.
Mumbai Schools had been waiting for a decision from BMC. Since Maharashtra reported a few Omicron cases over the last few days, some people suspected that there might be a change in the City schools reopening order. However, since official confirmation has been received from BMC, schools are continuing with tomorrow’s date.
Related | BMC asks schools to complete staff vaccination, make arrangements ahead of reopening
Mumbai Schools reopening was initially allowed for senior classes only. However, with schools reopening now for classes 1 to 7 in urban areas and classes 1 to 4 in rural areas, many students will be able to get back to the brick-and-mortar environment of learning. Students and stakeholders are advised to stay in touch with their schools for any further updates.